Thursday, May 24, 2012

Fair Trade

We have certainly done our fair share of bartering and trading during our time in Brevig Mission. C.O. has gotten paid in wild berries, ivory carvings and even babysitting time. Our most recent trade involved the parka I made for myself a few years back. I won't be needing it at our new location so instead of letting it collect dust in a closet I decided to sell it.

Photobucket

The family that expressed interest in it also happened to have a broken down dirt bike that had been driven by their boys. C.O. has been wanting to get Harold a dirt bike so this seemed like a the perfect opportunity for a trade since the value of the bike and the value of the parka were about the same.

Photobucket

I think everyone was happy with the deal.

Photobucket


~AnnMarie


No comments: