Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Kindergarten Students 09/10

There they are, my lovely students for the current school year. I thought some of you might like to see the kids I am with all day. I have 10 students and a beautiful, spacious classroom. I love, love, love my classroom. I can't imagine finding a set up as amazing as this one anywhere else in the U.S.

Here we are proudly displaying the quilt we made in December. The students carefully painted Christmas themed picture in the squares with fabric paint and signed their names in the corners. The quilt was then given away at the school's annual Christmas program. I throw all of the kids' names in a hat, draw a name out and let the lucky winner gets to take it home. I do wish they could all have it. It's the 5th quilt I've done with my classes over the years and I just love how they turn out.

Andrea, to my left, is my classroom aide and my "right hand woman" so to speak. She keeps my days sane and is a huge help with the students. In fact, just today she took care of a poo situation that my stomach never could have handled. It's an understatement to say that I am very thankful for her.

You can see what's new at Brevig Mission School at our school blog. Check it out some time.
--AnnMarie

1 comment:

Nancy M. said...

Wow! How nice to have such a small class! I love the quilt y'all did! What a wonderful idea!