A co-worker of mine had an idea . . . lets make Brevig Mission a drop site for Full Circle Farm boxes. She did all of the leg work and a bunch of us jumped on board to receive these boxes of goodness. We signed up to get a half box of produce every other week. It's the smallest amount you can get but we have found that it's plenty for the three of us.
We were little worried about getting our produce in a timely manner since weather can be such an issue for planes out here. It turned out that the first week we were due to receive our box, the weather was atrocious. Planes didn't fly for days, the freight was backed up and then there was a mix up with our boxes getting transfered from Alaska Airlines to Bering Air. Our boxes ended up being a week late and we were a bit worried about the condition of our food. Fortunately, we were pleasantly surprised to find that most of the veggies and fruit were still in fine condition. Since then our boxes have been timely and in great shape.
Here's some reasons we love our produce from Full Circle Farm:
1) We are able to add fresh fruit and vegetables to our diet. This is something we normally lack during the winter here in the bush.
2) We eat new things. For example, I had never had bok choy or chard before.
3) I've been able to try new recipes and branch out in the cooking arena.
4) I feel like a good Mom, feeding my son healthy snacks and meals.
5) Full Circle's web site is so easy to use. I can look at what is coming in our next box and make substitutions or additions if I'd like.
6) Best of all our food looks and tastes so delicious!