Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Gotcha Day

Today marks a very special day in the lives of the Rudstroms. One year ago today, we were in Guatemala and got Harold for the very first time. Yep, one year ago, we had been parents for about 8 hours. It was a crazy day, let me tell you. One minute it's just C.O. and I, the next minute we're parents. It was a lot less crazy of a day than giving birth of course. Having someone hand a baby to you is TONS easier than that whole birthing thing. Anyway . . .


Since I am actually in Unalakleet this week and spending this time away from my family, we celebrated Harold's gotcha day early. Over the weekend, we had a nice ham dinner with our teacher friends who all adore Harold.

Sandy and Harold liked their eggnog a bit too much.

"Harold the glutton."
Notice the TWO sippy cups. He insists upon having both a juice cup and a milk cup and he alternates between the two.

I have to say, life with Harold has been good. He's a perfect match for our family and brings so much joy to each day. I recommend getting a Harold to anyone.
--AnnMarie

PS If you haven't seen this video before, you should see it now. =)



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that was non-alcoholic eggnog. :)

But you certainly got a keeper in Harold, and I think he got a pair of keepers in you guys. Congrats on your first year!

Soren

James and Charity said...

Happy Gotcha Day!

kenlisa said...

You did a wonderful job on this video-it brings tears to my eyes. The song is so fitting. Happy first year!

The Rudstroms said...

Thanks for all your kind words.

Nancy M. said...

Oh, this video made me cry! He's so precious! Happy 1st Gothca Day! I can relate, as I was gotten myself!