Sunday, July 6, 2008

TCR

Our friends Carol and Dave Roche recently hosted a unique event, the Ideal TCR Grand Prix. Ideal TCR is a toy car system from the 70s, a fancy version of "slot" car racing. Part of the set was Jim's from when he was a kid and the rest has slowly been purchased by Dave on e-bay.



The course was set up in Dave's garage, turns out the guys spent just as much time tinkering with the little cars as they did racing. When the cars, were just right we started racing. There would be a lot more tinkering throughout the day, as soon as I got to practice, I flew my car off the edge of the track and smashed it up a little. But it was eventually fixed up o.k. It was actually pretty exciting to race and kind of addicting.




First prize was a Snap-On screw driver with a spiffy ribbon as well.






And the winner was. . . Derek.





--AnnMarie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how much fun it can be to pretend to be kids again, even if it was only for a few hours. I have some video from the racing as well that I'll have to post on my blog.