Thursday, September 2, 2010

UPDATE UPDATE: WHALEY FOUND


I knew this would happen, I just knew it!  Two days after I wrote the blog post on losing Whaley, I found him.  And much like the dream I mentioned in the post, I was doing the laundry.  While folding clothes, I was about to hang something up in the closet, I parted the hangers and . . . there was Whaley.  There was some serious family celebrating going on, hugs, kisses, cries of joy etc.

I'm guessing that while unpacking, Harold grabbed Whaley and just threw him, getting him caught up in the clothes.  Harold has this throwing problem that we're working on right now.  He's constantly throwing his toys and things around the house.  Granted he has developed a good arm but enough already!

Anyway, we're very happy to have Whaley back.  Harold had the chance to sleep with him for the first time in 3 weeks.

Since our little incident here we've decided that Whaley is going into semi-retirement.  His traveling days are over and he will solely reside at our home in Brevig Mission.  Eventually he will go into permanent retirement and join the few things in a box that we are saving for Harold.

Though he is not truly lost, I'm glad I was able to write the post on Whaley.  If he wouldn't have been lost, I don't think I would have been able to write about his importance to Harold's childhood. 

Long Live Whaley!!!!

--AnnMarie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy Whaley was found. We had been looking for him here.

Nancy M. said...

That is so AWESOME!!!

Anita said...

Awesome is right!
Recently I had a cousin visiting here from Minnesota with hubby and children. Their son has a "dog" that has traveled with him everywhere since he has been born. It was quite fun. The "dog" has been as far as China to adopt a sister for him and nearly ever states in this country. What a fun momento to have.