Friday, January 9, 2009

Kohler Generator


I started on a new project yesterday. I salvaged this old generator that was on it's way to the dump. It is a 8.5 kw Kohler, powered by a 18hp Lister diesel. It has sat outside for a few years and the engine has become stuck with a little bit of rust in one of the cylinders. I am going to try to get it fixed up. So far I have taken the top end off of the engine and most of it looks to be in great shape. I think it will only need a simple honing of the cylinders, a new set of rings, new gaskets, and some general cleaning up and adjusting.

It has been a very interesting engine to work on. I am looking forward to hearing it run.
C.O.

2 comments:

unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
unknown said...

Good post. This old kohler generator looks rusty and engine is working or not. Try this to make it running.