Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Picture of the Day - Hauling Oil


A few days ago Harold and I hauled "stove oil" (#1 fuel oil) for our house. Everyone here heats with oil, it is really the only option. The gasoline and oil come in by barge once a year, that means the price only changes once a year. The store still had a little bit of last years oil for sale at last years price of $4.45 per gallon. I filled up the tanks for the house, the workshop and even a few 55 gal drums. When this oil is gone the price goes up to $7.15!

There is no oil delivery service here, so you have to haul it yourself. Behind the 4-wheeler is a 165 gallon tank that I made to haul oil. In the last 4 years I have hauled over 12,000 gallons in it. Most of that went to the Headstart (preschool) building that I maintain.
C.O.

No comments: