Sunday, May 18, 2008

Balancing Love and Jam

The past couple weekends I've been helping to clean out the freezer by using up the last of our berries. Too many wild berries is a good problem to have, me thinks. I decided to make jam out of the blueberries and syrup out of the cranberries. We've had the syrup a few times now. It turned out yummy. Not too sweet and not too tart, that's the balance I'm trying to achieve with jams etc. As C.O. and I to do a taste test during the cooking process, he errs on the side of tart and I err on the side of sweet so it usually turns out just right. That's why we're a good pair, we balance each other (and our preserves) out. Here's a picture of the "fruits" of my labor. I end up giving a lot of it away. One family cannot reasonably consume that much in a year.


--AnnMarie

No comments: