Saturday, March 1, 2008

My Birthday Suit

Last Sunday was my 28th birthday. A couple of things made my day pretty memorable. One is that C.O. got me a present that is quite possible the most comfortable thing I've ever worn.

Dressing Harold in his footed pajamas every night looks so cozy and I wanted a set for myself. Turns out they're great! I wear them every chance I get.

The other memorable part of my day was the opportunity to go on a dog sled ride. I'd never been before. Considering that I grew up in Minnesota and have been in Alaska for 6 years now, I figure it's one of those things I should do. Our friend, Henry, has a dog team and his grandsons have been taking them out nearly every day. So, C.O. arranged a ride for me. The boys took me about 10 miles total. It was an exceptional day, the scenery was beautiful, the sun was shining, needless to say, I had a great time. I learned two things on this journey: 1) it's not quite as fast as I had expected 2) the dogs can do their business and run at the same time. (The second part being not quite as lovely as the rest of the trip.)



3 comments:

Erin said...

Happy belated birthday! Glad to see you guys having a great time up there!

James and Charity said...

Happy Birthday! I did remember your birthday on time, just didn't get the card in the mail on time. Sounds like you guys know how to celebrate a birthday!
--Charity

The Litrenta Family said...

Happy belated birthday!
~Holli~