Sunday, January 13, 2008

Movie Wisdom


C.O. and I are in the middle of watching the 1956 version of the King and I. It's a great film for anyone who hasn't seen it. Anyway, there was a short dialog that caught my attention. The King of Siam is trying to come to terms with modern times, western culture, scientific discoveries etc. He has already read about the theories of evolution, and now is reading the creation story in the Bible. He says something to Anna like, "How can some of your writers say one thing (that the creation of the world took millions and millions of years) and then this Moses says the world was created in just 6 days." Anna explains that one is written by men of science and one by men of faith but then says, "Either way, it is the same miracle." That really struck me. I happen to believe in Intelligent Design, that God had a plan and created this world. But even if you see things differently, we can all agree that the world around us certainly is a miracle. There's a little movie bit that I thought was worth sharing. --AnnMarie

No comments: